Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Time to Paint

There is a time and place for painting in winter,
I have discovered.
It's between 11 and 2.30,
and in a very specific spot in the back yard. 
At this time and in this place is the best only chance of catching the sunshine,
and the other thing I discovered...
 is that a little bit of sunshine is good - so that you can feel your fingers,
and hold the brush:))
Here's what I've been painting.
One very old rickety bench....


In desperate need of some tlc...
this bench, and the next chair, both sat on the front verandah
at the family home in Geraldine,
for as long as I can remember,
I think they were always there and it was a place to sit,
in the sun,
watching the world go by.
I think my Dad made the bench, though maybe it was my brother,
I'm not sure, but I think it was my Dad,
and I can't remember where the chair came from,
it was just always there.
When my parents moved from that home there was no place for the chair and the bench,
so I took them cos I think they are neat:)


And then there is this stool...
I bought it  many many years ago, liking it's shape,
but not liking it's colour!!
Always said I would paint it one day,
just that the ''one day'' took a while to arrive :)


So, with a good coat of undercoat...


... and a coat or two or three of paint,
they are nearly done.
Some cushions to sew, for the bench and the seat,
then the seat will take it's rightful place,
on my front verandah:)
I painted this little old shelf, too ...


Need to go make some cushions,
and I know just where to go to find the fabric:))


1 comment:

Simone de Klerk said...

I do wish I had your energy and talent!!!